- Who We Are
- Areas of Interest
- What We Do
- Press Room
AAHPERD is recognized as a multiple event provider of health education contact hours by the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc. (NCHEC). AAHPERD offers Category I Health Education Contact Hours to Certified Health Education Specialists (CHES) in several forms:
American Journal of Health Education
The AJHE offers two self-study articles and questions per issue. Read the articles and answer the questions in each issue. Then send the response form and fees to AAHPERD. Each article is worth 1 credit hour. Earn up to 12 credit hours per year with AJHE self-study! Learn More >>
AAHPERD Webinar Series
AAHPERD offers Continuing Education credits for both CHES & MCHES virtual attendees of webinar presentations. Each webinar attended isworth 1 credit hour.
AAHPERD Annual Conventions
Attend state, district and national AAHPERD convention; all AAHPERD sessions are approved for Category I hours. Approximately 32 hours are available each year at the National Convention!
AAHPERD invites agencies, organizations, state associations, district associations, or individuals that would like to provide quality professional development opportunities in health education for Certified Health Education Specialists to complete a co-sponsorship agreement with AAHPERD.
This provides a process that recognizes your capacity to provide continuing education opportunities in health education. Your organization provides the content and AAHPERD administers the process to make offering CHES credits easy.
Save time and money by applying for joint sponsorship with AAHPERD. Application fees are only $25 and the review timeline is only 45 days.
Contact AAHPERD for your copy of the Joint Sponsorship Guidelines Packet and be on your way to offering professional development opportunities at your next event!
Service to AAHPERD
Fill out the Service to AAHPERD forms to receive credit for CHES/MCHES:
- Journal Article - One CECH credit for preparing article
- Develop AAHE/CEU materials content and/or questions – CECH credit(s); will equal the total approved CEU hours for that material
- Develop AAHE/CEU materials/presentation content – CECH credit(s); will equal the total approved CECH hours for that material – MCHES – must relate to MCHES sub-competencies.
- NCATE Review(s) – Three CEU credits per calendar year (not per review)
- SABPAC Review(s) – Three CEU credits per calendar year (not per review)