- Programs & Events
- Professional Development
- Advocacy and Media
AAHE serves health educators who promote the health of all people with the comprehensive approach to health education. A strategic goal of the association is to facilitate and conduct advocacy activities designed to promote and organize grassroots responses, a raise public awareness of health education –related legislation, topics and issues. This goal helped initiate AAHE's Focus on Advocacy Project.
AAHE first launched its Focus on Advocacy Project in 2002, providing members and partners with tools needed to be a successful advocate for health education. The project revolves around the Legislative Action Center.
The Legislative Action Center is designed to serve the needs of AAHPERDs diverse membership of health professionals in health education, physical education, and physical activity. The center links AAHE members and partners to legislators and government officials through the following five features:
1. Typing in your zip code by Elected Officials highlights your congressional delegation and provides contact and background information.
2. Clicking on Issues and Legislation gives you updates on important issues, recent votes, and current legislation.
3. Entering your zip code by Guide to the Media highlights all the media outlets in your geographical area.
4. The Congress Today box gives you the schedules of all the legislative activities occurring on any given day.
5. Clicking on the Web Sticker will link the AAHE Legislative Action Center to any other website in the world. This is a great way to make our messages and issues known by our friends, collaborators, and partners.
AAHE is dedicated to providing opportunities for networking and providing the best health education resources. You will find never changing list of links that are categorized into: Government, Professional Membership Organizations, Voluntary Health Organizations, Education Organizations and Associations.
How to Conduct Advocacy in Your Community