- Programs & Events
- Professional Development
- Advocacy and Media
Doctoral Level Award ¨$12,000
Presented by the American Association for Health Education (AAHE) Sponsored by the Will Rogers Institute.
Each fellowship award will be $12,000. Recipients may utilize the award in any manner to support their educational activities. Upon completion of doctoral studies the recipient will submit a final report to the funding agency detailing the outcome of the fellowship studies. The awarded fellowship will be recognized at the annual Awards Luncheon at the AAHE/AAHPERD annual meeting. The deadline for application is November 15.
1. The award is open to a graduate student who has completed at least one year of doctoral study (2 years preferred) in a health education program at an accredited college/university in the United States or a U.S. territory. (If the health education degree program exists under another title such as health promotion or community or public health, the health education relationship must be identified.)
2.The student must have a minimum, current, overall grade point average of 3.5 on a 4.0 scale.
3. Prior AAHE scholarship recipients may apply.
1. The completed application form must be submitted and received by AAHE on November 15 of each year. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
2. The application and accompanying documents must be typed, double spaced, with 12-point font. Follow the format as advised. All applications must be accompanied by:
A. A current curriculum vitae. Use the following format (please present the material in reverse chronological order where applicable):
2.Current program and institution
3.Degrees earned, name of institutions, year of graduation and GPA
4.Employment experience and dates of employment
5. Professional presentations: title, date and location of presentation
9.Professional committee involvement
10.Voluntary community service activities
11.Any other extra-curricular or professional activities
B. Official transcripts: from the institution granting each degree and the current institution demonstrating completion of 1-2 years of doctoral work in health education
C. Provide a statement (no more than 3 pages) with two parts 1) describe either your history of work related to research in lung health or your commitment to conduct lung health research during your doctoral studies, and 2) commitment to provide a final report to the funding agency detailing the outcome of your doctoral study.
D. One letter of recommendation, from the current academic advisor, which addresses academic status, research potential related to lung health, leadership potential and career commitment.