- Programs & Events
- Professional Development
- Advocacy and Media
New for Subscribers: AJHE Now Available Online!
AJHE is sponsored by the American Association for Health Education of the American Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance. The mission of the American Association for Health Education(AAHE) is to advance the profession by serving health educators and others who strive to promote the health of all people through education and other systematic strategies.AAHE addresses the following priorities
- Develop and promulgate standards, resources and services regarding health education to professionals and non-professionals
- Foster the development of national research priorities in health education and promotion. Provide mechanisms for the translation and interaction between theory, research and practice.
- Facilitate communication among members of the profession, the lay public and other national and international organizations with respect to the philosophic basis and current application of health education principles and practices.
- Provide technical assistance to legislative and professional bodies to the engaged in drafting pertinent legislation and related guidelines.
- Provide leadership in promoting policies and evaluate procedures that will result in effective health education programs.
- Assist in the development and mobilization of resources for effective health education and promotion
The American Journal of Health Education (ISSN 1932-5037) is published six times a year (January/February, March/April, May/June, July/August, September/October, November/December) by Taylor & Francis Group, LLC, 325 Chestnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19106. Both the publisher and AAHPERD assume no responsibility for the accuracy of the articles published in the American Journal for Health Education, nor is the opinions expressed by contributors necessarily those of the publisher. Neither the American Association for Health Education nor the American Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance endorses or guarantees the products or services advertised. As a matter of law it is the responsibility of the advertiser, not the publisher to substantiate its claims.
The American Journal of Health Education is abstracted and indexed in
Current Index to Journals in Education (C.I.J.E.)
Current Index in Nursing Literature (C.I.N.L.)
Content Pages in Education
Exceptional Child Education Abstract
Health and Psychosocial Instruments (HaPI)
Physical Education Index
Sportswatch Canadian GST # 131339400, IPM #123335
Elsevier Bibliographic Databases
Education Resources Information Center (ERIC)
Copyrighted by American Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance. All Rights Reserved. Manuscript Submission Guidelines for authors are published in the journal periodically.
Manuscripts are submitted at Scholar One.
Advertising Account Executive
Institutional subscribers are $241. An institutional subscription to the print edition includes free access to the online edition for any number of concurrent users across a local area network. For a complete guide to Taylor & Francis Group's journal and book publishing programs, visit Taylor & Francis Group.
For all requests for permission to reprint for publication, photocopies, or academic course packets go here.
Certified Health Education Specialists (CHES) may earn Category I Continuing Education Credit Hours (CECH) through self-study articles in the American Journal of Health Education. There are two Continuing Education articles per issue - six issues per year! Earn up to 12 CECH per year! Up to 60 CECH per five year certification period! Read the articles designated for Continuing Education in each issue and complete the response form. Receive 6 credits for $24 (member) $36 (non-member) or 12 credits for $48 (member) $72 (non-member). Participants will receive a certificate of completion when six articles are completed with a passing score of 80%. For more information on other CEU opportunities offered through AAHE.