AAPAR Ambassador Award
Introduced in 2010, the Ambassador Award honors AAPAR members who personify outstanding leadership and who advocate for physical activity and recreation, reflecting well on AAPAR and attracting members to the association.
- Current membership in AAHPERD/AAPAR for the past five years or its predecessor organizations.
- Demonstrated accomplishments in one or more of the following:
a. Involvement in AAPAR;
b. Leadership and service to AAPAR and the physical activity and recreation profession;
c. Teaching, coaching, and/or administration;
d. Scholarly activities such as professional presentations and contributions to research and/or service journals.
- Donate to AAPAR, OR
- Recruit members, including young professionals, OR
- Serve in a leadership role on a committee, Council, Board, or in the Brain Trust, OR
- Present at convention, conferences/workshops, AND
- Maintain AAPAR membership and positively represent AAPAR in all personal and professional settings.
Nominations must be received at AAPAR by December 16.
This award is presented at the AAPAR Awards Ceremony at the AAHPERD National Convention & Exposition.