Making Money on the Sidelines
Enhance Your Career in Physical Activity and Recreation
Package your passion and share your expertise with community members while earning extra income by putting your skills to use in sidelines work that you control. AAPAR's Sidelines Project is designed to promote creative and active lifestyles in the community—while improving the fiscal fitness of physical activity professionals, or anyone who wants to make more money on the side.
Making Money on the Sidelines: A Game Plan for Getting Started, by Mariah Burton Nelson, is an essential guide for anyone who wants to be paid fairly and earn more.
- Earn money from camps, clinics, coaching, consulting, teaching, research, writing, and more.
- Learn about contracts, invoices, prices, promotion, and profit.
- Read case studies of physical activity educators who are successfully making money on the sidelines.
- Acquire the tools and techniques to transform you from frustrated and fatigued to satisfied and successful.
- Implement the step-by-step Game Plan for Sidelines Success to generate the revenue you desire and deserve.
AAPAR Members Make Money on the Sidelines
AAPAR members can make money on the sidelines by:
- Consulting for curriculum development, training, or research via Par Three.
- Leading AAPAR Workshops in adapted physical education, APEAS, or adapted aquatics.
AAPAR has partnered with www.WeAreTeachers.com, a company committed to offering teachers the tools they need to run successful small businesses on the sidelines. WeAreTeachers enables teachers to develop and sell ebooks and DVDs, create Web pages, sell products using credit cards, and much more. This knowledge marketplace links teachers and businesses from around the world so they can share and promote innovation and best practices in education.
We invite you to seek and exchange knowledge with others as you collaborate with friends who share your passion and interests. You can join in the discussion on WeAreTeachers's Facebook page (you must have a Facebook profile).