The Heart of Physical Activity, Physical Education, Fitness & Recreation
Often referred to as the heart of AAPAR, our Councils are composed of seasoned experts and up-and-coming professionals, alike, in a diversity of physical activity and education fields. Each Council focuses on a particular area of interest. Many produce publications, and some offer workshops for continuing education. All offer the opportunity to enhance your career.
Councils present forums for professional networking and exchanging ideas. Councils tender leadership and publishing opportunities. You can join up to three Councils when you become an AAPAR member.
AAPAR offers the following Councils for any interested members:
- Adapted Physical Activity Council
- Administration & Leadership Development Council
- Council for Adventure & Outdoor Education/Recreation
- Council on Aging and Adult Development
- Council for Aquatic Professionals
- Children, Youth & Families Council
- Facilities & Equipment Council
- Fitness & Wellness Council
- Council for Lifelong Recreational Sports
- Measurement & Evaluation Council
- Safety & Risk Management Council
We invite you to explore what each of the Councils offers by clicking on their links above or on "Council" in the left-hand navigation bar for a drop-down list. Then get involved—PARticipate!