APAC Professional Recognition Award
All potential nominees should fit the following criteria before being considered for nomination:
- Must be a current member of AAHPERD and APAC or be sponsored as a nominee by an elected officer.
- Must have served in some professional capacity providing direct or indirect service to people with special needs.
(one or more must apply)
- Has provided leadership through service to AAHPERD, AAPAR/Adapted Physical Activity Council/ state association.
- Has contributed significantly to scholarly publications in adapted physical education, therapeutic recreation, or related areas (e.g., aquatics, dance, or the therapies).
- Has made a significant mark on the lives of others through teaching, athletics, entertainment, serving in public office, or in some other way enhancing the positive image of people with disabilities in society.
- One-page letter documenting how the nominee meets one or more of the criteria stated above.
- Nominee's resume, AAHPERD membership #, expiration date, no. of years of membership.
- Mailing address and phone number of nominee.
Make sure the print is dark enough so that copies can be made. We do not accept portfolios nor videotape or other supporting materials.
Submit your nominations on this form by December 15.