APAC Program Recognition Award
For the purposes of this award, a program must provide physical education, physical activity, or therapeutic recreation services that are designed to improve or facilitate opportunities for people with disabilities. The program must not be associated with any other organized or nonprofit group (e.g., Special Olympics). The program must provide these opportunities to at least one of the following: young child, elementary, secondary, or adult level.
- Define how the program is dedicated to providing physical education, physical activity, or therapeutic recreational opportunities for people with disabilities.
- Describe how the program epitomizes developmentally appropriate programming for people with disabilities.
- Describe how the program challenges traditional thought and encourages creative thinking in programming activities.
- Describe how the program fosters the achievement of independence through physical education/activity/therapeutic recreation.
- Address how the program encourages inclusion of people without disabilities and fosters this type of interaction through physical education, physical activity, or therapeutic recreation.
- Provide evidence that the program has promoted integrity for people with disabilities.
- Nomination letter defining the program, or individuals who direct the program, listing the criteria stated above (no more than one page per criteria).
- Two letters of recommendation acknowledging the program's contribution to people with disabilities (e.g., peers, administration, patent, participant).
- Name, mailing address, and phone number of person who will accept the program recognition award.
Make sure the print is dark enough so that copies can be made. We do not accept portfolios nor videotapes or other supporting materials.
Submit your nominations on this form by December 15.