APAC Student Recognition Award
Three awards will be given annually: one to a student enrolled in a bachelor's program, one to a student enrolled in a master's program, and one to a student enrolled in a doctoral program. All nominees should meet the following criteria.
- Must be a current student member of AAHPERD and AAPAR.
- Must be endorsed by a faculty member at the institution in which he/she is enrolled.
- Must be specializing (taking coursework) at the undergraduate or graduate level in adapted physical education, therapeutic recreation, corrective therapy or one of the other movement-related therapies as verified in the faculty member's endorsement.
(one or more must apply)
- Has shown exceptional promise as a leader.
- Has provided exceptional service to individuals with disabilities through volunteer work or other activities.
- Has provided an inspiration to others in the field of physical education, therapeutic recreation, or related areas (e.g., aquatics, dance, or the therapies)
- Nomination letter documenting how the nominee meets one or more of the criteria stated above.
- Nominee's resume.
- Nominee's AAHPERD Membership number, expiration date, no. of years of membership.
- Mailing address and phone number of nominee.
Please make sure the print is dark enough so that copies can be made. We do not accept portfolios nor videotapes or other supporting materials.
Submit your nominations on this form by December 15.