Council on Aging and Adult Development Awards
Rosabel Koss Honor Award
Recognizes meritorious contributions to both the Council on Aging & Adult Development (CAAD) and the profession.
- Recipient is an active member of CAAD for at least two years.
- Recipient shall be outstanding in his/her field (service, research, teaching, and/or administration).
Must be a member of CAAD and contributed to its mission, providing meritorious service and/or exhibiting exceptional leadership to the Council.
Herbert de Vries Research Award
Recognizes outstanding research and writing that has contributed to the advancement of programs for older adults in health, physical education, recreation, and dance. The CAAD research committee is responsible for selection. The recipient does not have to be an AAHPERD member but should be recognized as a leader in his/her profession. The recipient delivers the address at the Research Symposium at the AAHPERD National Convention & Exposition.
Ray Ciszek Service Award
Recognize an individual or group who are not members of AAHPERD and who have made significant contributions to programs for older adults in health, physical education, recreation, and dance.
- Must not be a member of AAHPERD
- Must have contributed to quality experiences for older adults through education, sports, health and medical advances, development of equipment/materials, research, and/or numerous other services enhancing the daily lives of the elderly.
Excellence in Programming Award
Recognizes programs that promote, advocate, and encourage physical fitness, wellness, and the importance of seniors remaining active throughout their lives.
- The program must be one in which an AAHPERD member is affiliated (i.e., director, leader, administrator, manager).
- The program must be currently active and established for a minimum of three years.
- The program must have made significant contributions to older adult fitness programs.
Submit your nominations using this form by December 15.