Retiree Network Committee
The Retiree Network Committee (RNC) seeks to encourage, promote, and support active, healthy, productive retirees by providing AAHPERD retired members with as many opportunities as possible to continue participating in professional, social, and recreational activities.
All Retirees Welcome...
The RNC sponsors activities at the annual AAHPERD convention:
- a program session designed for retired members
- a business meeting where retiree concerns, Alliance activities, and information is exchanged and brought to the attention of the appropriate officers
- a reception social at each convention to provide an opportunity for retirees and near-retirees to meet, socialize, make and renew friendships.
Working For You...
The Retiree Network Committee:
- maintains a network communication system between national, district, state, and local levels;
- disseminates information and ideas regarding programs, workshops, and activities that include and encourage unique contributions and participation of retirees;
- cooperates and supports AAPAR's Council on Aging & Adult Development programs;
- maintains files and information on AAHPERD retirees in each district;
- makes available to younger professional leaders, the professional experience and wealth of wisdom of the retirees.
Benefits of Joining ARNC...
- Experience opportunities to maintain and expand efforts on behalf of retirees within AAHPERD.
- Develop new acquaintances and friends.
- Receive complimentary or reduced registration fees for attendance at conferences and conventions.
To qualify for reduced registration fees, you must hold a membership card with an "R" (Retired member), a "W" (Retired Life), given to members of 10 years or more who have retired from full-time employment, or E (Emeritus) and V (Emeritus Life) membership cards given to retired 35-year members.