Following an overwhelming vote for unification, the National Dance Association (NDA) is now AAHPERD.
The goal of AAHPERD Dance is to promote quality dance programs in the areas of health, physical education, recreation and dance by:
- providing leadership for teachers of dance in the disciplines of health, physical education, recreation and dance so they may better understand, implement, and assess voluntary national Standards in Dance Education, the Opportunity-to-Learn Standards, and assessments in dance;
- developing and disseminating information in dance pedagogy (teaching content, process, and methodology) and the creative process, movement training, performance practices and technology;
- developing and disseminating resources in curriculum and program development, professional development, and teacher preparation
- increasing financial and human resources to enhance strong programs, operating support and services to members
- initiating and advocating practices that promote healthy lifestyles through dance curriculum, programs and workshops
Learn more about AAHPERD Dance: