Basic Steps to Obtain Local Sponsorship
1. Identify Your Needs
- What do you need in the way of supplies, equipment, facilities, publicity, volunteers?
2. Research Companies/Organizations
- Match your needs to local companies, businesses, and groups that might be able to provide these services.
- Whenever possible, approach contacts in person rather than by letter or phone.
3. Request Support
- In general, your proposal should include the following items: a brief description of your project and your goals, why the project is important, and some unique facts about you and the Day.
- Don't forget to identify how the sponsor will benefit by contributing to the project.
- Some suggestions include: premiere seating, parking, or free exhibit space at the event, title sponsorship, mentions in press releases, banners, program ads, school newspaper ads.
- Be prepared to show a budget outlining the cost of items you will be using for the project.
4. Follow Up
- After the event, be sure to meet with your sponsors to evaluate the project and plan for next year.
- Do not forget the thank you notes.
- Express appreciation for all kinds of support received- financial, in-kind, and volunteer!