The JRFH and HFH programs are comprehensive school physical activities that benefit students, teachers and school districts in addition to raising funds for cardiovascular disease research, stroke research and health education.
Why do Schools Participate?
- It is a fun event and students love jumping rope and playing basketball
- Students learn about community service and volunteering
- The American Heart Association mission of fighting heart disease and stroke is a good cause
- The enjoyment of competing against one another
- Students learn about aerobic exercise and the heart
- Students gain the health benefits from participating in the activities