Skills & Games
Kids love to jump but there is more to jumping rope than just a basic hop. With jump rope there are many tricks and skill levels that kids can learn.
- Jump Rope Skills from Jump Rope For Heart partnership
- USA Jump Rope, committed to the exchange and sharing of jump rope knowledge and experience, has made a number of forms and manuals publicly available, including skills sheets, practice drills, and motivational tips. View forms and manuals
- The Jump Rope Institute, an organization dedicated to redefining jump rope through research, technology and information, has assembled resources on its website that are geared towards teaching to kids. View Resources
- Skipping Australia offers many resources for download on its website, including lesson plans and manuals for solo and partner skills, and double dutch skills. View Resources
- Professional Rope Jumper, Rene Bibaud includes a number of skills sets, instructions, and videos for educators on her site RopeWork. View Resources
- Ken Solis (aka "Dr. Jump") has been involved
in rope jumping since 1979 and holds national and world records for the
support. His website includes jump rope resources
on skills, technique, and exercise.
Students of all ages love basketball! There are so many ways to make Hoops an integral part of your P.E. or recreation program. Looking for skills, drills and games that are sure to keep your students interested? Check out these links for different ideas for your Hoops For Heart event.
- Basketball Skills from the Hoops For Heart partnership
- AAHPERD's Physical Activity & Sport for the Secondary School Student, 6th Ed. includes a section dedicated to teaching Basketball. Download the Chapter.