AAHPERD JRFH/HFH Grant Program
year the National Joint Projects Office awards 10 grants to recognize Jump Rope
For Heart and Hoops For Heart Coordinators for their passion and contribution
to the program.
About the GrantThe 2014 Grantee receive:
- $1,200 US Games gift certificate at the 2014 AAHPERD National Convention & Exposition in St. Louis, MO, which will be held from April 1-5, 2014.
- $1,300 (less convention registration and AAHPERD membership) to subsidize your travel and lodging for St. Louis.
- AAHPERD's National Standards & Grade Level-Outcomes for K-12 Physical Education (release date: April 2014)
- Professional networking opportunities with other grantees and State and National JRFH/HFH leaders at Convention special events
- Assistance in signing up your school up for Let's Move! Active Schools, a comprehensive program that empowers parents and schools to create active environments for students by providing schools with tools & resources, activation grants, and direct assistance and training.
The AAHPERD National Convention & Expo covers a wide variety of topics and are primarily research based, incorporating the most recent findings on the how students engage in physical education and activity programs. It is a great opportunity for to develop important contacts with industry experts and to gain knowledge in specific areas of physical education and health.
In addition, grantees:
- Serve as panelists in a National Convention program session, "The Next $2500 JRFH/HFH Grant is Waiting for You!" The goal of the session is to explain the grant proposal process, provide innovative tips for holding successful JRFH/HFH events, and demonstrate how the program can cultivate PE/PA programs in schools.
- Contribute to The Pulse, JRFH/HFH's national newsletter, which is published 3-4 times per year and distributed to just over 15,000 physical educators across the nation. Articles topics can include sharing ideas you gained from attending the Convention, best practices for engaging students in a JRFH or HFH event, or community benefits from the programs.
District and State Grant Opportunities
Southwest District Association - Applications are due May 2014. Download the flyer and learn more about the program.