- Who We Are
- Our Associations
- What We Do
- Press Room
The Let's Move in School – PTA/PTO Toolkit is designed to assess the level of physical education/activity currently provided by the school. Parent Teacher Associations (PTA) or Parent Teacher Organizations (PTO) members are encouraged to use the toolkit to create awareness of the benefits of a Comprehensive School Physical Activity Program (CSPAP) and offer steps to increase physical education/activity in your school. The ultimate goal is to ensure that students participate in 60 minutes of moderate-to-vigorous physical activity daily, are fully physically educated, and well-equipped for a lifetime of physical activity.
This toolkit includes: CSPAP Inventory, Goal Setting document, model resolution, and a modifiable PowerPoint presentation.
Once the current CSPAP status is assessed using the included CSPAP Inventory, schools are encouraged to utilize the Goal Setting document included in the toolkit to improve their CSPAP. A model PTA/PTO resolution is also provided for guidance with setting goals for improvement.
This toolkit is intended to be used by members of the PTA/PTO. You may want to consult your principal(s), school wellness committee, and/or physical education teacher(s) for assistance.
Contact the American Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance (AAHPERD) with any questions regarding the toolkit at LMIS@aahperd.org.
1. Read background information on Let's Move in School and CSPAP. This information will provide you with a framework to guide you when completing the CSPAP Inventory.
2. Complete the Comprehensive School Physical Activity Program Inventory.
3. Answer "yes" or "no" to all questions to the best of your ability. "Yes" is the desirable answer for all questions.
4. Include any relevant information in the "Notes" column. For example, if a policy is in the process of being written or implemented please include that information.
5. Complete the Goal Setting document to analyze the inventory results and set goals for improvement. Utilize the model resolution as a reference to set your goals.
6. Present the results of the CSPAP Inventory and future plans for improvement at a school board meeting, on your district website, and/or at district staff meetings using the modifiable PowerPoint Presentation.
© 2013 American Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance