- Standards &
- Grants, Programs
- Awards &
- Media &
|Submission Title:||Adults 2025|
|Submission Entry:||The year is 2035. Our students, now adults in their 30s, are working, pursuing careers and/or raising families. As business executives, automobile designers, digital engineers, health professionals, service professionals and teachers, all are living their lives and using the knowledge, skills and attitudes they gained during their K-12 education. As a result of the concept-based physical education program in which they participated during those years, they are able to address the significant issues/questions facing them on a daily basis:
• What is the best type of exercise program for me so I can enjoy lifelong good health?
• At what age should I enroll my children in youth sport programs?
• What’s wrong with my golf swing and what can I do to improve it?
• What is the best way to resolve the conflicts I’m having with my recreational softball team?
• What should I look for in the performances when I’m watching Olympic figure skating?
• As a school board member, how should I vote on whether to eliminate physical education programs for grades 11 and 12?