- Standards &
- Grants, Programs
- Awards &
- Media &
All NASPE members are eligible to apply for the grant except those involved in the review or approval processes. The principal investigator must be a current member of NASPE/AAHPERD and have been a member of NASPE for the past three years at the time of application. All principal and co-investigators must be current members of NASPE and maintain their membership during the entire funding period. The principal investigator must reside at the institution where the research is being conducted.
Interested researchers will be required to submit a letter of intent describing the background of the topic, research questions, and general approach to answering the research question(s). After review of intent letters, the NASPE Research Grant Review Committee will invite submission of full proposals from those applicants whose letter of intent was most closely aligned with the purpose of the grant topic and who meet all NASPE Grant Program eligibility criteria.
1. Equipment directly related to data collection that is not available at the individual's institution. (Equipment normally provided by an institution is not appropriate and will not be approved).
2. Travel for data collection at NASPE/AAHPERD mileage rates.
3. Salaried work is for expertise beyond that normally held by NASPE professionals and which is required for the collection of data. (Hourly wages for student data collection and other services will be at least at the minimum wage level, according to current Federal Guidelines.)
Note: funds will not be provided to support domestic or foreign travel for any purpose other than data collection, the writing of grant proposals, general-purpose equipment, faculty salaries, rewards for participants, costs to publish grant-related manuscripts, overhead, or indirect costs.
Submission deadlines for letters of intent and full proposals will vary according to grant cycle. To obtain additional information regarding deadlines, please contact NASPE at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. All principal and co-investigators must be current NASPE members and maintain their membership throughout the funding period.
2. To provide updates and progress information, an annual report must be submitted for each of the first two years of funding.
3. A final written report and summary of findings must be submitted.
4. The principal investigator must submit findings for publication in an AAHPERD journal and must acknowledge NASPE funding in all articles, presentations, interviews, etc. related to the study.
5. At the end of the funding cycle, the principal investigator must conduct a NASPE presentation at the next AAHPERD Convention.