National Coaching Report
The National Coaching Report answers all of your questions about the status of coaching education and coaching requirements in interscholastic and youth sport.
The National Coaching Report:
- Provides evidence of the need for quality coaching education at the youth and interscholastic sport levels.
- Illustrates the need to increase the quality of training adults receive prior to engaging in coaching responsibilities.
- Is a resource and advocacy tool for developing policy and legislation that requires coaching education.
Comprehensive information in three major areas:
- Interscholastic Sport — profiles of coach preparation requirements for interscholastic and youth sport coaches in each state and the District of Columbia. Each profile is composed of 15 items.
- Youth Sport Coaching - organization profiles depicting the preparation of youth sport coaches. Each organizational profile is composed of nine items.
- Research Agenda - critical research studies that are needed to validate the importance of quality coaching education and make a case for further investment in these programs.