Nu Delta Alpha Honor Society
Nu Delta Alpha, a national dance honor society, is designed for dance education students, dance educators, and professional dancers to express their devotion to the art form by sharing, recognizing, and promoting dance education within schools and communities.
Nu Delta Alpha chapters are designated for middle school, high school, college/ university and private/ community studios students. By promoting Nu Delta Alpha, the National Dance Association recognizes outstanding students and professionals internationally.
This honor society enables students and professionals to advocate for dance education by:
- Promoting quality programs in dance education and the arts
- Recognizing young and professional choreographers by adjudicating their work through the Choreographic Evaluation Project
- Providing leadership in dance education by publishing dance education articles, providing networking opportunities , and organizing educational events and workshops for educators, artists, and students
- Expanding the student vision of dance from the self to the world by encouraging community service through activities such as the Dance for Health! project and other programs that offer dance to students with disabilities, disadvantaged youth, and people of all ages
Benefits of Nu Delta Alpha
- Recognition of students and advisors for outstanding artistic and academic achievement
- Performance and technique classes offered at conventions and workshops across the nation
- Publication possibilities of creative and scholarly writings
- Educational development opportunities
- Networking with dance students and professionals
- Leadership activities
- Induction and other recognition ceremonies
- Special awards presented to outstanding senior graduates
- Outreach programs to the community
- Health and other dance-related projects
- and many more!