Alliance Scholar Information
Criteria for Selection of the Scholar
Criteria used in the selection of the Alliance Scholar includes but is not limited to the following:
- The individual selected should have a scholarly/creative record as evidenced by publications and scholarly/artistic presentations.
- The individual should be an active scholar/creative artist in his/her discipline.
- The individual selected should provide evidence of in-depth study in a specific area of Alliance concern.
- The individual selected must be a member of the Alliance.
- The individual selected should be capable of communicating to groups in the various disciplines.
Nominations for potential scholars may be submitted by any Alliance member or by a representative of an AAHPERD structure (state, district, association). A prescribed format to be used by the nominator shall include the following:
Sponsor's Statement (importance of scholarly work) (1/2 page)
- Personal Data (1/4 page)
- Education (1/4 page)
- Professional Experience (1/2 page)
- Honors (international, national, state, etc.) (1/2 page)
- Publications (provide a summary before listing under separate categories: (I) books or monographs; (II) refereed articles; (III) abstracts; (IV) chapters in books, etc; (V) non-refereed articles (maximum limit of six (6) pages)
- Creative Activities (choreography, dance presentations, literary works, artistic media productions, etc.)
- Invited Presentations (limit to the fifteen most important and summarize as to level, etc., national (maximum of one (1) page)
- Professional Organizations and Activities (indicate membership, offices held, and years of service) (maximum of one (1) page)
Nominations should not exceed ten (10) pages and should be emailed to: Alliance Scholar Committee Staff Liaison, Elsa Nygard, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nominations must be postmarked by October 15.